Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Next, Fried Dumplings!!!




After I'd wrapped and boiled about 400 dumplings since my last blog entry, I decided yesterday to try baking it. It took about 40 minutes at 425 degrees Fahrenheit and the skins didn't crisp very well, so today, I tried them fried with extra virgin olive oil. And what a wonderful outcome I experienced!

I had changed the recipe slightly as I ran out of meat and prawns in my refridgerator and replaced them with siken tofu, cream cheese and finely shredded, sharp cheddar cheese. It was wonderful! The changes in the recipe went extremely well with the frying method.

I didn't use too much oil, just enough to coat the frying pan and with maybe 1mm of depth. The dumplings fried a golden brown beautifully within minutes of flipping them about. Not wanting the excess oil to go to waste, I drizzled them over my organic, mixed herb salad.

In the picture, I have also baked some chicken to go with the meal. The drumsticks were simply marinated with salt, pepper, and barbeque sauce for about 5 minutes. Nothing too complicated. They were then roasted in the oven at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for 45 minutes.

As for the salad, I simply tossed together a dessert spoon of minced garlic, 1 tablespoon of raw onions chopped and minced, and used an Asian ginger dressing over 3 handfuls of organic herb salad in a mixing bowl. Easy fixing, really!

No comments: